Resset User Password From RD Web Access
You can solve this with a two pronged approach:
1. Install the RD Web Access role and enable the remote password change option
The following directions are from the woshub.com article Allow users to reset expired password via RD WebAccess in Windows Server 2012:
In Windows 2012 / 2012 R2 an option appeared that allows a remote user to change their password (current or an expired one) using a special web-page on the RD Web Access server. The password will be changed like this: a user signs in to the registration web page on the server with the RD Web Access role and changes his password using a special form.
A remote password change option is available on the server with the Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access) role, but it is disabled by default. To change a password, a script password.aspx is used, which is located in C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\Pages\en-US.
- To enable the password change option, on the server with the configured RD Web Access role open the IIS Manager console, go to [Server Name] –> Sites –> Default Web Site –> RDWeb –> Pages and open the section Application Settings.
- In the right pane, find PasswordChangeEnabled parameter and change its value to true.
- You can test the password change mechanism going to the following web-page:
- Now when trying to connect to the RD Web Access server with the expired password, a user will be redirected to password.aspx web-page and offered to change his password.